Thursday, March 31, 2011

Nothing Special

Watching: Sons of Guns

Listening to: The satisfying sound of roasting potatoes.

Sarah got her phone back! And it still doesn't receive photos, which is pissing me off. I wanted her opinion on a dress I bought and could not get it! Oh well. Bought it anyway and it looks great on me. So ha, phone!

I was told by Christy today that I flirt with Jason too much. It's sadly true, but bantering with a fictional man is actually fun. Plus he gets to threaten people and its slightly charming. I just sound mean when I do that. I really enjoy that character. He's one of my all time favorites and surprisingly, unlike Thomas and Christina, he hasn't changed very much since his creation back in the late 90s. He's still the murderous, sarcastic, flirt he always was.

By the way, state vehicle inspections piss me off. Every damn year I shell out 16 dollars to get told that something pricey needs to be fixed on my damn car. Different car every year. I disapprove completely and I feel like it's a waste of time. What does the state care if my car has bad tie rod ends? Granted, it's good for me to know, so I can fix it, I don't think that's their business. Of course, I have victim written across my forehead when I walk into an auto shop. It's like they conspire against the short red head. Of course, the look of shock on their faces when I tell them I'll do the work my damn self is always worth it.

Ah, gratification.

My horoscope told me to put forth an effort to brighten someone's day today. I have no clue how I can do that unselfishly, after reading that it's supposedly going to boost my image in other people's eyes. By nature of the beast, if I do it now, it'll be selfish because I know there's a reward for the behavior. Oh well, I guess I'll see whose day tomorrow I want to pep up a little. I mean, I don't go to work until the late afternoon, so I should have the time haha.

Maybe I'll do something productive with my time. Or I'll see a movie. I don't know. After work I should be going out with Dawn to our usual spot. Sort of wish we worked the same shift so we could go get sushi, but I think that we'll be going next week after her beau comes back to port from his underway. Gah. I speak navy now, not sure how I feel about that.

I don't know if it's the weather, since it's been cold and rainy, or some issue with my circulation but I feel colder than usual. Not sickly cold, but more like barely reaching lukewarm. I think it's my mood. I was really excited and happy earlier today( Wednesday and today have no been totally separated by me yet), especially after scoring a 15 dollar dress from H&M. I keep getting the feeling that I'm forgetting to do something, but I don't know what it is.

I hate that feeling, it normally means I'm about to cause trouble for myself by being a total moron.

But yeah, my mood sort of spiraled down pretty quick once I started driving home. Maybe it's the tension around here or something, maybe I'm just being typical and shifting moods like I'm looking through my closet for something decent to wear. Who knows? It'll pass and tomorrow I'll be chipper and smile my way to work again. And then repeat Friday and open Saturday.

So not looking forward to April Fool's Day. Every year nothing happens really, but I always expect something. That tension is awful haha and triples my usual paranoia.  Of course I won't see my dad Friday and my brother is out in Charlottesville, so, there's really no one who can get me. Oddly enough, I don't feel safe. Haha, I'm joking. I don't think anyone even remembers April Fool's anymore, but I'm stuck in the fifth grade.

I think I've rambled on about nothing for long enough. I truly have nothing important to say right now, except maybe that yet again Congress is slacking on passing a federal budget. I have a lot of friends in the military and lots of friends who are dependents and right now is not the best time to start saying "Oh yeah, we'll pay you back later, but right now, you sort of don't get a check". That's a bunch of bull shit.

I'll never understand politicians.

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment