Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Hair Do

Originally, I was going to call this Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow.

Watching: Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Listening to: Sarah's music.

So, we're updating my look. Again. For the umpteenth time. I'm going to take pictures of the process, which is more elaborate than usual for me, so show what I'm doing. Hurrah!


Before Shot, Front. To show the green. It goes to the sides of my face down to my ears, but its styled to only peek some of the front.


Before shot, profile, I have long hair, but it's actually still pretty thin. Mostly I'm just bleaching the front part, where it is green so that I can put in the knew color.


So, these are my tools tonight. Woot! I'll list them below. Like I said, more elaborate than usual. Also, as you can see, I'm wearing a pretty old robe that I've used to dye my hair for years. That way I know I'm not destroying good clothing.
Tools:
Manic Panic Flash Lightening Bleach Kit
Tint Brush
L'oreal Paris Preference Medium Brown Natural Hair Color Permanent
Beyond the Zone Color JamZ Not So Shy Violet
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave in Conditioner
L'Oreal Ever Pure Sulfate-free Moister Deep Restorative Masque (Color Care System)


First, I divided my hair where I wanted to apply the bleach and pulled the rest back with a pony tail holder and some clips. This way the front segment is not in contact with the red, because I'm using the red as a base color under my Medium Brown. I also used the leave-in conditioner rubbed onto my skin to protect me from the bleach.


My hair in the final stages of bleaching. I did not leave it on for too long, only 50 minutes, because I wasn't going for a straight white base. Mostly this is because of the bleaching I went through a few weeks ago. Don't want to fry my hair out. I jumped in the shower after this to wash this front part out and shampoo it.


My hair after shampooing out the bleach and blowdrying it. Now it's time to apply the brown to the red and after that, the violet to the blonde. Development times should even out for both of them. Just a tip, remember when doing your hair two different colors at the same time to rinse with cold water, otherwise the colors will bleed into one another.



Both of these detail out the separation of my hair colors. The violet seemed very blue when I applied it, here is actually looks purplish. I don't think I left it on long enough, however, so the color is not true.




Here is the final product! As I said, I don't think I left the violet on long enough to fully develop, so maybe in a week or so I'll reapply it and see how that goes. I do like the warm brown though and the icy blue. Not too shabby.

This took about three hours in total. That's not too bad, I suppose.

But yeah, so this was my evening. Now I'm going to go to sleep a bit early because I have an online test tomorrow morning before my quantitative methods lab. Woot! I wish I could just not go, because I want to sleep in, but we have homework due. Gah. I'm so tired this week, already.

Anyways, gotta get some rest.

Guten nacht.

No comments:

Post a Comment